Narrow Aisle Limited (Registered in England & Wales, Registered No. 1250894) is one of the world’s foremost manufacturers of very narrow aisle (VNA) equipment. Solutions include the award-winning Flexi AC range of articulated forklift trucks which are designed and manufactured at the Company’ UK manufacturing plant and distributed worldwide through a fully supported distributor network.
Goods or services are generally sourced from recognised international vendors and/or distributors.
Our Ethics Policy Statement (set out below) summarises our legal, ethical, corporate social and basic human rights obligations (including our obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015) and these are addressed in further detail within our Staff Handbook, a copy of which is made available to all employees. The company currently has an annual turnover below the prescribed threshold – as calculated in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (Transparency in Supply Chains) Regulations – and therefore is exempt from the provisions of Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. However, the company takes its responsibilities very seriously and will not knowingly purchase goods or services that have involved the use of forced labour or human trafficking.
Ethics Policy Statement
The details of this Policy Statement form part of the Company’s induction process and all employees (specifically those involved in procurement and the employment of staff or contractors) are reminded of its existence and contents at regular intervals thereafter.
The Managing Director of the Company is responsible for the implementation of and adherence to this Policy Statement.
We declare that:
• We will comply with the laws of the applicable legal system(s).
Prohibition of Corruption and Bribery
• We will neither engage in nor tolerate any form of corruption or bribery for the purpose of influencing decision making in violation of law (in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010).
Respect for the Basic Human Rights of Employees
• We will promote equal opportunities for and treatment of our employees irrespective of skin colour, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious belief, sex or age.
• We will respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual.
• We will not employ or make anyone work against their will or in servitude.
• We will not tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination.
• We will prohibit behaviour including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
• We will provide fair remuneration and guarantee the applicable national statutory minimum wage.
• We will provide a workplace pension scheme and where possible we will make contributions above the prescribed minimum.
• We will comply with the maximum number of working hours laid down in the applicable laws.
• We will recognise, as far as legally possible, the right of free association of employees and to neither favour nor discriminate against members of employee organisations or trade unions.
Prohibition of Child Labour
• We will not employ workers under the age of 15.
Health and Safety of Employees
• We will take responsibility for the health and safety of our employees.
• We will control hazards and take the best reasonably possible precautionary measures, so far as is reasonably practicable against accidents and occupational diseases.
• We will provide training and ensure that employees are educated in health and safety issues.
• We will set up and use a reasonable occupational health & safety management system.
• We will act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding environmental protection.
• We will minimise environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection.
• We will use a reasonable environmental management system.
• We will comply with the principles of non-discrimination with regard to supplier selection and treatment.
• We will not knowingly source goods or services from vendors and/or distributors where we have concerns regarding their compliance with this statement.
• We will not knowingly source goods or services from vendors and/or distributors where we have concerns regarding their involvement in human trafficking or use of forced labour.
• All suppliers (or sub-contractors) will be asked to confirm in writing that they fully comply with this statement, and make reasonable efforts to ensure that those in their supply chain do too, where they do not have published statements covering these areas.