The Flexi range of articulated forklift trucks are the most efficient on the market
They have been developed specifically to improve storage handling as well as customer order assembly efficiency in manufacturing and logistics. The aisle space saving potential is shown in the specification data listed below:
(AST = load to load dimension in aisle)
|Flexi Articulated Reach VNA Truck|
|90 ° Stacking Aisle||1.6 metres to 2.2 metres (AST)||1.6 metres to 2.0 metres (AST)||2.6 metres to 3.2 metres (AST)||2.4 metres to 2.8 metres (AST)||3.3 metres to 4.5 metres (AST)|
|Transfer Aisle||2.5 metres to 3.0 metres||4.5 metres to 6.5 metres||2.7 metres to 3.5 metres||3.0 metres to 4.5 metres||2.4 metres to 2.8 metres|
|Maximum Lift Height||15 metres||16 metres (MU) 11 metres (MD)||14 metres||c. 7 metres||c. 6 metres|
|Work Cycle Times (FEM)||30/35 per hour to loading dock||25/30 per hour to aisle end||25/30 per hour to loading dock||35/40 per hour to loading dock||20/25 per hour to loading dock|
The Flexi Range of articulated warehouse reach trucks has a number of key design concepts which have made it a market-leading forklift truck of its type with over 10,000 sold around the world.
Over 30 years the Flexi Range has developed with the help of our customers; there are now six models in the range covering a wide range of logistics and warehouse operations. The Flexi Narrow Aisle Twin front-wheel-drive pioneered and developed by Narrow Aisle has become the industry standard, all new electric forklift products which have been introduced to the market have adopted twin front-wheel drive. The main advantages of Flexi Front Wheel Drive are:
- The Flexi ACiON range of VNA reach trucks is supplied with the industry-leading Zapi AC controller and motor technology package for ultra-reliability and low maintenance.
- The Flexi ACiON has the best operator visibility on the market with its exclusive ‘HiVIS’ twin post overhead safety guard (CE/EU) and unique four-cylinder ‘VISION’ triplex lift mast both of which are registered designs and greatly add to its popularity with operators.
- The unique ‘True Radius’ design of the Flexi chassis means there is no outer radius when turning, this eliminates ‘in aisle’ product or pallet rack damage, again a registered design.
- Cast steel side weights and steel plate rear panel protect the Flexi chassis from accidental damage even in tough warehouse applications.
- The Flexi AC ‘Over Rotation’ feature with up to 230 degrees of articulation means the Flexi driver is able to enter the pallet safely and more quickly on the ‘First Turn’ than any competing models.
- Energy-saving independent power steering motor and ‘whisper’ pump on the Flexi range provides safe predictable steering even when using hydraulic functions, competitors run steering off the large hydraulic lift motor to save cost at the expense of battery energy use and steering control not ideal in very narrow aisles and lift height up to 14 metres.
- The Flexi has three independent braking systems, Digital AC regen motor braking for wear-free service braking and flyback current to the battery, foot pedal operated hydraulic drum brakes for emergency braking, handbrake applied drum brakes for safe parking even on inclines.
- The ‘True™ Radius’ and 220º articulation features eliminate product and pallet rack damage associated with other warehouse trucks.
- One drive motor rather than two for lower maintenance costs, and reduced battery energy consumption
- Rear-axle width can be specified to suit operating aisle width, increased optimum safe travel speed in both forward and reverse directions
- Traction Battery rear-mounted, low centre of gravity, higher lift heights more capacity possible
- Lift out battery cassette with fork pockets for easy changing, fast, safe multi-shift lift operations
- Straight-line dynamic stability when travelling in reverse, eliminates snaking effect of back wheel motors designs
- No electrical components under the battery, additional forklift not required to access drive components when servicing the truck
- Our customers need the Flexi AC truck to operate on concrete loading bays in the yard. The Twin Front Wheel Drive axle works exceptionally well in these conditions.
- The Flexi truck is now firmly established as a cost-effective warehouse systems truck that saves space and increases efficiency
- The long term high resale value of the Flexi articulated truck makes it the best investment in the market. It’s proven reliability, low cost of service and low parts prices all contribute to this fact.
- Flexi ‘True™ Radius’ chassis design eliminates product and rack damage in aisle. Operator stress and fatigue due to side-mounted position on Reach Truck eliminated.
- The Flexi AC unique ‘True™ Radius’ articulating chassis design can reduce the minimum stacking aisle down to 1.6m (ISO pallet 1.0m deep).
- The automotive-style seating position and steering allows the driver to face forwards and drive like an automobile. When stacking a load the mast moves left or right into his line of sight to give unobstructed visibility of the forks and load.
- The Flexi truck design eliminates the need to lift over Reach Truck legs (400mm high) at the ground level, saving more than 500mm of vertical stacking space being wasted.
- The narrower Flexi chassis design allows unguided travel in very narrow aisles (VNA) safely at full travel speed.
- The Flexi AC truck twin front-wheel-drive design with high quality differential drive axle is proven to be robust and reliable long-term.
- The powerful AC motor powers both front wheels smoothly and safely at all times.
- Large diameter, finger treaded MC20 Continental elastic rubber tyres on all four wheels, provide a smooth ride over most yard surfaces.
- Tilting mast with twin low-level hydraulic cylinders, for safe, smooth high-level stacking. Cylinder seals protected from ingress of dust.
- You save wasted aisle space and achieve more storage density compared to a conventional Reach Truck, therefore reducing the cost per pallet stored by more than 25%.
- No ‘reach legs’ eliminates wasted space above the ground floor load and the first rack beam level, this alone improves pallet storage capacity by a minimum of 5% compared to traditional reach trucks.
- VNA operation eliminates the cost of steel guide rails or inductive wire guidance system required with Man Down or Man Up very narrow lateral stacking reach trucks. These guided VNA trucks also require costly 'super-flat' floors to operate safely.
- Flexi twin front-wheel drive with proven transverse differential axle technology is also used on all conventional counterbalance trucks. No tyre scrub when turning. Traction increases when laden. Better outdoor working compared with Reach Truck, Flexi has elastic rubber tyres rather than hard polyurethane wheels. Flexi does not require outbound rear stabilisers like many reach trucks, these, of course, make outside yard very difficult.